Mila Popovich is speaking about Women Empowerment and Inclusion at WIB (Women in Blockchain) Summit 2018 taking place at the University of California, Irvine, this coming April 8, 2018.
WIB Summit 2018
First Conference on the West Coast to Promote Inclusion and Diversity
Women in Blockchain is a one-day conference hosted by Blockchain at UCI. The conference will be led by prominent women leaders in various blockchain industries. The mission for this event is to encourage and engage the community to learn and communicate about the potential blockchain presents for social and economic reform. The blockchain industry is ripe for both change and growth, making it perfect for setting standards in diversity and inclusion.
Through a series of educational seminars, interactive discussion panels, and keynote speeches, we will explore some of the industries that blockchain technology will inevitably disrupt and revolutionize, including; financial services, cybersecurity, supply chain, healthcare, legal sectors, and more.
We are honored to have the support of the University of California, IBM, Microsoft, Intel, Coinbase, NEM, MLG Blockchain, ConsenSys, and more, to inaugurate this exciting new movement.
WIB will consist of an ongoing conversation about diversity in blockchain, both in terms of inclusivity and in terms of what blockchain as a technology can actually do for diversity.
The major tracks for the summit will be:
- Blockchain in Technology;
- Blockchain in IoT;
- Blockchain in Healthcare;
- Blockchain in Finance;
- Laws & Regulations in ICOs;
- Social Impact of Blockchain;
- Investing in Cryptocurrencies.
There are 400 total tickets available for this event and lunch is provided.
9:00 – Opening
- Check In;
10:00 – Welcoming Remarks and Intro to Blockchain
- Blockchain at UCI / The Host: Women in Blockchain;
- Heidi Pease: Co-Founder at LA Blockchain Lab.
10:15 – Keynote
- Rahilla Zafar: Managing Director at ConsenSys.
10:45 – Social Impact and Applications in Finance, Tech, and Cybersecurity
- Liz Steininger: CEO & Managing Director at Least Authority;
- Nicole Fellouris: ILO, PhDc, SME. Co-Founder & CISO at Project Halcyon;
- Juliet Annerino: Founder & Speaker at ReputationCheck.io;
- Elvina Kamalova: Director of Growth at Blockmason.
11:20 – Brian Forde’s Presentation
- Brian Forde: Co-Founder at Digital Currency Initiative at MIT Media Lab.
11:35 – Blockchain as a New Revolutionary Protocol
- Alex Tinsman: Global Communications Director at NEM.
12:00 – Halftime
13:00 – Bringing Diversity to Blockchain
- Susan Poole: Founder at BlockBridge Advisory.
13:30 – Women Empowerment and Inclusion
- Mila Popovich: Global Chair at Global Women in Blockchain;
- Lauren Buchholz: Client Specialist at IBM Summit Program;
- Simonne Hurse: VP Marketing & PR Communications at Satis Group;
- Desiree Patno: CEO and President at NAWRB.
14:20 – Legal with ICOs and Startups
- Kristen Johns: Transactional Blockchain Attorney at Waller;
- Amy Wan: Founder & CEO at Sagewise;
- Marc Boiron: Corporate Attorney at Rutan & Tucker.
14:50 – Applications in Healthcare, IOT, and Supply Chain
- Amy Hurwitz: Healthcare Consultant;
- Amy Berliner: Founder & CEO at Aegis Biotech;
- Veronica Garcia-Heller: CEO & Founder at BitLumens;
- Cherie Aimee: Director of Communications at ShipChain.
15:50 – Investment 101
- Priyanka Sood: Customer Success Manager at Coinbase;
- Alexandra Damsker: CEO & Founder at Stealth Fintech;
- Joy Kongkitisupchai: Emerging Technology Senior Architect at Capital Group;
- Othalia Doe-Bruce: Public Relations Officer at OneLedger Innovative Tech Inc..
16:30 – Keynote
- Perianne Boring: Founder and President at Chamber of Digital Commerce;
- Jordan Kruger: Director of Research and Operations at Bloq.
17:00 – Epilogue