Inter-University Centre Dubrovnik is an independent international institution for advanced studies structured as a consortium of universities with a mission to organise and promote contact and exchange through projects, study programmes, courses and conferences across a wide range of scientific concerns. Programme directors and resource persons coming from about 170 member universities worldwide cooperate in organising the activities. IUC is open to new member institutions as well as to new programmes.
- The Inter University Centre Dubrovnik is an independent centre for advanced study, grounded in and sustained by its international network of partner universities;
- The IUC Dubrovnik maintains high standards of scientific quality, and provides an open space for critical thinking and innovation;
- Building upon its location and its history the IUC Dubrovnik serves as a bridge between regions within Europe and between the European region and the world by connecting scientific communities and connecting communities through science;
- The IUC Dubrovnik takes pride in bringing together scholars and students from different countries, cultures and academic disciplines to advanced research and higher education programmes;
- The IUC emphasizes and supports inter-disciplinary and cross-national collaboration on global challenges such as human universal values and rights, health, education, poverty and climate, encouraging, in addition to east-west collaboration also new north-south initiatives;
- The IUC Dubrovnik continues its practice of organizing courses and conferences within the broad spectrum of scientific disciplines provided by scientific staff from multiple countries;
- The IUC Dubrovnik also stimulates the development of research activities, in particular related to the courses and conferences within the programme and contributes to connecting leading international partner universities to regional academic institutions.