World University Consortium
The mission of World University Consortium (WUC) is to evolve and promote development of accessible, affordable, quality higher education worldwide based on a human-centered approach that shifts the emphasis from specialized expertise to contextualized knowledge within a trans-disciplinary conceptual framework reflecting the complexity and integration of the real world, from teaching mastery of a field of knowledge to learning that enhances the capacity of students to think and discover knowledge for themselves, from theoretical mastery to acquisition of knowledge, skills and values relevant to each individual’s personal development and career – an educational system better suited to develop the full potentials of social personality and individuality for productive engagement, social welfare and psychological well-being.
The Consortium will strive to:
- Identify global best practices and develop effective global models and strategies to improve accessibility, affordability, quality, innovation and relevance in higher education appropriate to the needs of the 21st century;
- Develop innovative, open learning systems and more effective models that extend the reach of quality higher education to people of all age groups globally;
- Explore new models of online and hybrid delivery systems designed to facilitate learning through teacher-student and student-student interaction;
- Enhance the learning process through research, development and application of advanced instruments for measurement and evaluation of educational processes;
- Promote person-centered approaches that emphasize self-guided learning, critical and original thinking, inspirational forms of instruction, learning to learn, trans-disciplinary contextualized perspectives, learning by teaching and sharing with others, edutainment and experiential learning;
- Develop transcultural and culture-specific methods and content reflecting universal human values;
- Create a worldwide forum where all the stakeholders can meet, interact and create new networks, partnerships and projects.
For more information please visit the WUC website.